“The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” is a scam alert developed to earn money off you. There’s nothing else to it – absolutely nothing. Sure, it says that the web page you are trying to load is displayed incorrectly, as it uses the “Roboto Condensed” font and you need to update the “Chrome Font Pack” to fix the error, but it’s a lie. Apart from being infected by this malware, your PC is fine. Removing it solves the problem immediately and you shouldn’t do what people behind it tell you to do.
If the update process is initiated, your system gets infected with a number of cryptocurrency-mining Trojans and Nymaim and Ursnif viruses on top of that. Therefore, your computer turns into a cash-making machine for someone else and you don’t want to let this type of scenario unfold. There can also be dozens of advertisements shown inside your Web browser – it lets con artists behind malware generate profit as well. Something like this becomes possible thanks to the technology called “virtual layer”. It allows for third-party content to appear on any site, even on those that aren’t supposed to have them in the first place.
So don’t allow cybercriminals to trick you – download a program like Plumbytes instead and use it to delete the threat from the PC. A manual on how to do that is posted below the article, so adhere to it and your efforts should eventually be rewarded. Once they are, steer clear of dubious pages, don’t install unknown browser extensions and plugins without gathering some information about them first, download files and torrents from sources that have good reputation, and pick Custom installation to put new software on the computer. Doing all that should give it a firm protection from scam alerts like “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found”.
Common symptoms of “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” scam
- You’re getting annoying unwanted pop-up alerts
- Multiple redirects to suspicious third-party websites
- You’re getting other harmful programs
- “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” may modify browser security settings
- You’re getting pop-up ads or banner ads
- You’re not able to manually undo changes made by “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found”
- Your browser is slowing down or even crushing
- “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” may disable browser updates
- You may discover suspicious browser toolbars, expansions or plug-ins
- Unwanted programs or free games can be installed on your computer without your permission
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crushes
- System shut-downs for no apparent reason
Potential sources of “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” threat
- “Bundling” to freeware or sharefree software, including video and audio converters, video players and video streaming programs, download helpers etc.
- Malicious browser expansions and toolbars
- Compromised websites which offer different digital downloads or infect victims’ computers with malware and adware
- Fake alerts claiming that you need to update a software, Flash Player, Java, FLV Player or your browser
- Malicious attachments and download links in unknown emails
- Downloads from P2P-networks, torrent-trackers and sharing resources
Remove “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” from your PC
You can easily remove “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” scam alerts and fake errors from your system using one of the effective anti-malware tools listed below, or you can follow our detailed step-by-step manual removal guide.
Part 1. Remove “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found””Google Security Warning” Automatically
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can find step-by-step instruction here on our website – “How to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking”.
If you have an antivirus software running on your computer, please check for its updates and scan your system. If the problem still persists, download and install one of the recommended anti-malware tools to automatically remove “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” alerts and other malware threats from your PC.
Quick Removal with Plumbytes Anti-Malware
1. You should download Plumbytes Anti-Malware installer to scan your computer for any malware or adware that might infected your computer. Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a trusted software that can detect and remove most of security threats, including adware, ransomware, PUPs, trojans, worms and rootkits.
2. Double-click the downloaded “antimalwaresetup.exe” installation file to launch it.
3. Click “Install” button to start the installation process. The setup wizard will automatically start to download necessary program files to your computer. Once download completed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will be automatically installed on your computer. The entire installation process takes only 2-3 minutes.
4. Once installed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will automatically update its antivirus signatures database and then start smart system scan to detect all malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
5. You will see the detailed list of security threats and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Remove Selected” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and potentially unwanted applications.
Double-Check Your PC with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware
6. You can double-check your computer with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware in order to remove any leftover malware and adware traces. SpyHunter is considered as one of the best and most effective anti-malware tools today. Click the button below to download SpyHunter installation package.
7. Double-click the downloaded “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to start the installation process.
8. When the installation starts, the Setup Wizard will offer a few options and settings that you may want to configure. We recommend just clicking “Next” button to accept the default application settings. You can check out our detailed SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware Setup & User Guide which can help you to go through the installation process and provide important information about malware scans and program settings.
9. Once the installation completed, SpyHunter 4 will automatically update antivirus database and latest virus definitions. Next, SpyHunter 4 Quick Scan will automatically check your computer for any malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
10. You will see the detailed list of viruses and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Next” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and PUPs.
Alternate Recommended Anti-Malware Tools
The following awesome full-scale anti-malware products also have proved their effectiveness against all types of malware and adware. However, some of these anti-malware programs don’t provide a free trial version, and you’ll have to purchase a license key in order to clean your computer from the detected malware, fake error messages, scam pop-ups and alerts.
Part 2. Remove “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” Manually (Removal Guide)
Notice: Manual removal guide is recommended to experienced computer users. Incorrect modifications introduced into the Windows operating system, Windows Registry or browser settings may result in serious system fails or software errors.
We’ve created this step-by-step removal guide to help you manually remove “The ‘Roboto Condensed’ font was not found” and other similar security threats from your computer. Please carefully follow all the steps listed in the instruction below. We’ve attached detailed screenshots and video guides for your convenience. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us via email, create a public forum question or contact us using online contact form. Please add your comments and suggestions to this guide below.