“Ransomware Detected” is a scam alert designed to trick you into thinking that your system has been attacked by ransomware. Ransomware is used by con artists to encrypt data and demand money for undoing the changes made to it, and it infiltrates the computers around the world very often. It’s considered to be very dangerous, but, fortunately, you aren’t dealing with it in this case. Still, you’re told that the situation is bad and that you need to call a toll-free number +61-(08)-9677-54-82. Qualified engineers supposedly wait for you on the other side of the line and are ready to provide you with all the help you need.
But nothing could be further from the truth. The number isn’t really free, so you get charged for dialing it. And the longer you’re kept talking, the more money cybercriminals make. So don’t expect useful advice from them. They can also ask you to let a Remote Desktop Connection to the PC be established. Agreeing to that leads to losing access to it until the payment is made. That’s why you shouldn’t allow scam alerts like “Ransomware Detected” inside the system. As a matter of fact, the situation returns to normal as soon as you remove them, and that’s exactly what you should do.
This task can be accomplished with a program like SpyHunter. Refer to a manual posted under the article and your efforts should eventually give you the needed results. Once they do, steer clear of malware such as this by reducing your visits to dubious pages and not installing unfamiliar browser extensions and plugins before finding some information about them. Download files and torrents from trustworthy sources and pick Custom installation when putting new software on the computer. Following those steps allows you to keep malware of this type at bay and saves you from wasting your time on removing it.
Common symptoms of “Ransomware Detected” scam
- You’re getting annoying unwanted pop-up alerts
- Multiple redirects to suspicious third-party websites
- You’re getting other harmful programs
- “Ransomware Detected” may modify browser security settings
- You’re getting pop-up ads or banner ads
- You’re not able to manually undo changes made by “Ransomware Detected”
- Your browser is slowing down or even crushing
- “Ransomware Detected” may disable browser updates
- You may discover suspicious browser toolbars, expansions or plug-ins
- Unwanted programs or free games can be installed on your computer without your permission
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crushes
- System shut-downs for no apparent reason
Potential sources of “Ransomware Detected” threat
- “Bundling” to freeware or sharefree software, including video and audio converters, video players and video streaming programs, download helpers etc.
- Malicious browser expansions and toolbars
- Compromised websites which offer different digital downloads or infect victims’ computers with malware and adware
- Fake alerts claiming that you need to update a software, Flash Player, Java, FLV Player or your browser
- Malicious attachments and download links in unknown emails
- Downloads from P2P-networks, torrent-trackers and sharing resources
Remove “Ransomware Detected” from your PC
You can easily remove “Ransomware Detected” scam alerts and fake errors from your system using one of the effective anti-malware tools listed below, or you can follow our detailed step-by-step manual removal guide.
Part 1. Remove “Ransomware Detected””Google Security Warning” Automatically
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can find step-by-step instruction here on our website – “How to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking”.
If you have an antivirus software running on your computer, please check for its updates and scan your system. If the problem still persists, download and install one of the recommended anti-malware tools to automatically remove “Ransomware Detected” alerts and other malware threats from your PC.
Quick Removal with Plumbytes Anti-Malware
1. You should download Plumbytes Anti-Malware installer to scan your computer for any malware or adware that might infected your computer. Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a trusted software that can detect and remove most of security threats, including adware, ransomware, PUPs, trojans, worms and rootkits.
2. Double-click the downloaded “antimalwaresetup.exe” installation file to launch it.
3. Click “Install” button to start the installation process. The setup wizard will automatically start to download necessary program files to your computer. Once download completed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will be automatically installed on your computer. The entire installation process takes only 2-3 minutes.
4. Once installed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will automatically update its antivirus signatures database and then start smart system scan to detect all malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
5. You will see the detailed list of security threats and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Remove Selected” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and potentially unwanted applications.
Double-Check Your PC with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware
6. You can double-check your computer with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware in order to remove any leftover malware and adware traces. SpyHunter is considered as one of the best and most effective anti-malware tools today. Click the button below to download SpyHunter installation package.
7. Double-click the downloaded “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to start the installation process.
8. When the installation starts, the Setup Wizard will offer a few options and settings that you may want to configure. We recommend just clicking “Next” button to accept the default application settings. You can check out our detailed SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware Setup & User Guide which can help you to go through the installation process and provide important information about malware scans and program settings.
9. Once the installation completed, SpyHunter 4 will automatically update antivirus database and latest virus definitions. Next, SpyHunter 4 Quick Scan will automatically check your computer for any malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
10. You will see the detailed list of viruses and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Next” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and PUPs.
Alternate Recommended Anti-Malware Tools
The following awesome full-scale anti-malware products also have proved their effectiveness against all types of malware and adware. However, some of these anti-malware programs don’t provide a free trial version, and you’ll have to purchase a license key in order to clean your computer from the detected malware, fake error messages, scam pop-ups and alerts.
Part 2. Remove “Ransomware Detected” Manually (Removal Guide)
Notice: Manual removal guide is recommended to experienced computer users. Incorrect modifications introduced into the Windows operating system, Windows Registry or browser settings may result in serious system fails or software errors.
We’ve created this step-by-step removal guide to help you manually remove “Ransomware Detected” and other similar security threats from your computer. Please carefully follow all the steps listed in the instruction below. We’ve attached detailed screenshots and video guides for your convenience. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us via email, create a public forum question or contact us using online contact form. Please add your comments and suggestions to this guide below.