“Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” is a scam alert that was made to scam you and trick you into thinking that there’s something wrong with your computer when there’s actually not. Everything looks pretty convincing on the surface – you get locked out of the PC and are then presented with a message saying that you can’t use it anymore due to an “Error # 268D3”. You’re also told that ignoring this message will lead to you losing access to the system and the information like Facebook password, Microsoft account password, and photos being stolen. To prevent this, you’re advised to call a, supposedly, toll-free number “1-866-216-1642” and get help from the qualified engineers.
But nothing could be further from the truth. Let’s start with the most important tidbit of information – the number isn’t actually free and you get charged for dialing it. Worse still, you’re not even getting a real solution to your problem if you do make the call. Con artists on the other side of the line want to keep you talking for as long as they possibly can, because the amount of money they make depends on it. So that’s exactly what they’re doing – talking and not telling you the main thing you need to know.
They may also ask you to let them establish a Remote Desktop Connection to your system. They say that all the troubles could be resolved faster that way, but don’t fall for that trick, as you’ll end up completely losing access to the computer if you do. Avoid this type of scenario by using a program like Plumbytes – all the instructions on how to use it are posted under the article, so you don’t have to worry if you lack prior experience of dealing with situations like this. And steer clear of suspicious sites in the future – they and the extensions offered by them are very often used to infect your system with scam alerts such as “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC”.
Common symptoms of “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” scam
- You’re getting annoying unwanted pop-up alerts
- Multiple redirects to suspicious third-party websites
- You’re getting other harmful programs
- “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” may modify browser security settings
- You’re getting pop-up ads or banner ads
- You’re not able to manually undo changes made by “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC”
- Your browser is slowing down or even crushing
- “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” may disable browser updates
- You may discover suspicious browser toolbars, expansions or plug-ins
- Unwanted programs or free games can be installed on your computer without your permission
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crushes
- System shut-downs for no apparent reason
Potential sources of “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” threat
- “Bundling” to freeware or sharefree software, including video and audio converters, video players and video streaming programs, download helpers etc.
- Malicious browser expansions and toolbars
- Compromised websites which offer different digital downloads or infect victims’ computers with malware and adware
- Fake alerts claiming that you need to update a software, Flash Player, Java, FLV Player or your browser
- Malicious attachments and download links in unknown emails
- Downloads from P2P-networks, torrent-trackers and sharing resources
Remove “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” from your PC
You can easily remove “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” scam alerts and fake errors from your system using one of the effective anti-malware tools listed below, or you can follow our detailed step-by-step manual removal guide.
Part 1. Remove “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC””Google Security Warning” Automatically
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can find step-by-step instruction here on our website – “How to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking”.
If you have an antivirus software running on your computer, please check for its updates and scan your system. If the problem still persists, download and install one of the recommended anti-malware tools to automatically remove “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” alerts and other malware threats from your PC.
Quick Removal with Plumbytes Anti-Malware
1. You should download Plumbytes Anti-Malware installer to scan your computer for any malware or adware that might infected your computer. Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a trusted software that can detect and remove most of security threats, including adware, ransomware, PUPs, trojans, worms and rootkits.
2. Double-click the downloaded “antimalwaresetup.exe” installation file to launch it.
3. Click “Install” button to start the installation process. The setup wizard will automatically start to download necessary program files to your computer. Once download completed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will be automatically installed on your computer. The entire installation process takes only 2-3 minutes.
4. Once installed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will automatically update its antivirus signatures database and then start smart system scan to detect all malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
5. You will see the detailed list of security threats and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Remove Selected” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and potentially unwanted applications.
Double-Check Your PC with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware
6. You can double-check your computer with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware in order to remove any leftover malware and adware traces. SpyHunter is considered as one of the best and most effective anti-malware tools today. Click the button below to download SpyHunter installation package.
7. Double-click the downloaded “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to start the installation process.
8. When the installation starts, the Setup Wizard will offer a few options and settings that you may want to configure. We recommend just clicking “Next” button to accept the default application settings. You can check out our detailed SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware Setup & User Guide which can help you to go through the installation process and provide important information about malware scans and program settings.
9. Once the installation completed, SpyHunter 4 will automatically update antivirus database and latest virus definitions. Next, SpyHunter 4 Quick Scan will automatically check your computer for any malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
10. You will see the detailed list of viruses and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Next” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and PUPs.
Alternate Recommended Anti-Malware Tools
The following awesome full-scale anti-malware products also have proved their effectiveness against all types of malware and adware. However, some of these anti-malware programs don’t provide a free trial version, and you’ll have to purchase a license key in order to clean your computer from the detected malware, fake error messages, scam pop-ups and alerts.
Part 2. Remove “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” Manually (Removal Guide)
Notice: Manual removal guide is recommended to experienced computer users. Incorrect modifications introduced into the Windows operating system, Windows Registry or browser settings may result in serious system fails or software errors.
We’ve created this step-by-step removal guide to help you manually remove “Microsoft Corporation HAS BLOCKED YOUR PC” and other similar security threats from your computer. Please carefully follow all the steps listed in the instruction below. We’ve attached detailed screenshots and video guides for your convenience. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us via email, create a public forum question or contact us using online contact form. Please add your comments and suggestions to this guide below.