“Google Chrome Warning Alert” is a scam alert created to make money off you. There’s nothing else to it – simple as that. Sure, it says that pornographic spyware has been detected on your system and you can’t close the page, as it will lead to you losing access to the computer, but it’s a lie. Nothing is wrong with your PC, apart from being infected by this malware, and removing it fixes the problem immediately. But con artists behind “Google Chrome Warning Alert” do their best to make you think that your system is really in danger. You’re told to immediately dial a toll-free number 0-800-090-3913 and let qualified engineers solve all the problems.
But that’s exactly what you shouldn’t do. The number isn’t free in reality and you get charged a handsome amount for calling it. That’s why you won’t be given any useful advice – why would cybercriminals on the other side of the line do that when their profits depend on how long you’re kept on the phone? They may also ask you to let them establish a Remote Desktop Connection to your computer and this is also something that you should never agree to do. Otherwise, you’ll lose access to the PC for real and won’t be able to regain it until the payment is made.
So don’t fall into the trap – download a program like Plumbytes Anti-Malware instead and use it to delete this threat from the system. A manual on how to do that is posted under the article, so follow it step by step and your efforts should eventually be rewarded. Once they are, steer clear of shady pages, don’t install unfamiliar browser extensions and plugins without gathering some information first, download files and torrents from trustworthy sources, and opt for a Custom installation to put new software on the computer. Doing all that should protect it from scam alerts like “Google Chrome Warning Alert”.
Common symptoms of “Google Chrome Warning Alert” scam
- You’re getting annoying unwanted pop-up alerts
- Multiple redirects to suspicious third-party websites
- You’re getting other harmful programs
- “Google Chrome Warning Alert” may modify browser security settings
- You’re getting pop-up ads or banner ads
- You’re not able to manually undo changes made by “Google Chrome Warning Alert”
- Your browser is slowing down or even crushing
- “Google Chrome Warning Alert” may disable browser updates
- You may discover suspicious browser toolbars, expansions or plug-ins
- Unwanted programs or free games can be installed on your computer without your permission
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crushes
- System shut-downs for no apparent reason
Potential sources of “Google Chrome Warning Alert” threat
- “Bundling” to freeware or sharefree software, including video and audio converters, video players and video streaming programs, download helpers etc.
- Malicious browser expansions and toolbars
- Compromised websites which offer different digital downloads or infect victims’ computers with malware and adware
- Fake alerts claiming that you need to update a software, Flash Player, Java, FLV Player or your browser
- Malicious attachments and download links in unknown emails
- Downloads from P2P-networks, torrent-trackers and sharing resources
Remove “Google Chrome Warning Alert” from your PC
You can easily remove “Google Chrome Warning Alert” scam alerts and fake errors from your system using one of the effective anti-malware tools listed below, or you can follow our detailed step-by-step manual removal guide.
Part 1. Remove “Google Chrome Warning Alert””Google Security Warning” Automatically
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can find step-by-step instruction here on our website – “How to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking”.
If you have an antivirus software running on your computer, please check for its updates and scan your system. If the problem still persists, download and install one of the recommended anti-malware tools to automatically remove “Google Chrome Warning Alert” alerts and other malware threats from your PC.
Quick Removal with Plumbytes Anti-Malware
1. You should download Plumbytes Anti-Malware installer to scan your computer for any malware or adware that might infected your computer. Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a trusted software that can detect and remove most of security threats, including adware, ransomware, PUPs, trojans, worms and rootkits.
2. Double-click the downloaded “antimalwaresetup.exe” installation file to launch it.
3. Click “Install” button to start the installation process. The setup wizard will automatically start to download necessary program files to your computer. Once download completed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will be automatically installed on your computer. The entire installation process takes only 2-3 minutes.
4. Once installed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will automatically update its antivirus signatures database and then start smart system scan to detect all malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
5. You will see the detailed list of security threats and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Remove Selected” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and potentially unwanted applications.
Double-Check Your PC with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware
6. You can double-check your computer with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware in order to remove any leftover malware and adware traces. SpyHunter is considered as one of the best and most effective anti-malware tools today. Click the button below to download SpyHunter installation package.
7. Double-click the downloaded “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to start the installation process.
8. When the installation starts, the Setup Wizard will offer a few options and settings that you may want to configure. We recommend just clicking “Next” button to accept the default application settings. You can check out our detailed SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware Setup & User Guide which can help you to go through the installation process and provide important information about malware scans and program settings.
9. Once the installation completed, SpyHunter 4 will automatically update antivirus database and latest virus definitions. Next, SpyHunter 4 Quick Scan will automatically check your computer for any malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
10. You will see the detailed list of viruses and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Next” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and PUPs.
Alternate Recommended Anti-Malware Tools
The following awesome full-scale anti-malware products also have proved their effectiveness against all types of malware and adware. However, some of these anti-malware programs don’t provide a free trial version, and you’ll have to purchase a license key in order to clean your computer from the detected malware, fake error messages, scam pop-ups and alerts.
Part 2. Remove “Google Chrome Warning Alert” Manually (Removal Guide)
Notice: Manual removal guide is recommended to experienced computer users. Incorrect modifications introduced into the Windows operating system, Windows Registry or browser settings may result in serious system fails or software errors.
We’ve created this step-by-step removal guide to help you manually remove “Google Chrome Warning Alert” and other similar security threats from your computer. Please carefully follow all the steps listed in the instruction below. We’ve attached detailed screenshots and video guides for your convenience. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us via email, create a public forum question or contact us using online contact form. Please add your comments and suggestions to this guide below.