The Internet can give you a lot, but it can also make your user experience much worse. Con artists, unfortunately, never pass the chance to make a few extra dollars, that’s why they develop different kinds of threats. Among them are browser redirect programs, adware, ransomware, and scam alerts. Today, we’d like to talk about the last variable. Malware of this type tries to trick you into thinking that something bad has happened to your system and provides you with a message describing the supposed problem. You’re also told to dial a toll-free number, so that everything could be resolved on the spot.
The numbers differ from threat to threat. One of them is 877-382-9050 and you shouldn’t call any of them no matter how desperate cybercriminals try to make the situation appear. The number isn’t actually free and, on top of that, you aren’t getting any real advice if you do dial it. You’re told that skilled engineers wait for you on the other side of the line, but nothing could be further from the truth. And they’ll try to keep you talking for as long as they can, as their profits are directly connected to that. There can also be instances of them asking you to let them establish a Remote Desktop Connection to the computer.
Such offers should never be agreed to, as it will lead to you losing access to the PC until the payment is made. Don’t let con artists behind scam alerts get richer at your expense – download a program like Reimage instead, use it to remove malware from the system and keep it away in the future. You can do that by steering clear of suspicious sites, refraining from installing browser extensions and plugins offered by them, downloading files and torrents from trustworthy sources, and choosing Custom installation to put new software on the computer. Follow those guidelines and everything should be alright with it.
Common symptoms of 877-382-9050 scam
- You’re getting annoying unwanted pop-up alerts
- Multiple redirects to suspicious third-party websites
- You’re getting other harmful programs
- 877-382-9050 may modify browser security settings
- You’re getting pop-up ads or banner ads
- You’re not able to manually undo changes made by 877-382-9050
- Your browser is slowing down or even crushing
- 877-382-9050 may disable browser updates
- You may discover suspicious browser toolbars, expansions or plug-ins
- Unwanted programs or free games can be installed on your computer without your permission
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crushes
- System shut-downs for no apparent reason
Potential sources of 877-382-9050 threat
- “Bundling” to freeware or sharefree software, including video and audio converters, video players and video streaming programs, download helpers etc.
- Malicious browser expansions and toolbars
- Compromised websites which offer different digital downloads or infect victims’ computers with malware and adware
- Fake alerts claiming that you need to update a software, Flash Player, Java, FLV Player or your browser
- Malicious attachments and download links in unknown emails
- Downloads from P2P-networks, torrent-trackers and sharing resources
Remove 877-382-9050 from your PC
You can easily remove 877-382-9050 scam alerts and fake errors from your system using one of the effective anti-malware tools listed below, or you can follow our detailed step-by-step manual removal guide.
Part 1. Remove 877-382-9050″Google Security Warning” Automatically
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can find step-by-step instruction here on our website – “How to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking”.
If you have an antivirus software running on your computer, please check for its updates and scan your system. If the problem still persists, download and install one of the recommended anti-malware tools to automatically remove 877-382-9050 alerts and other malware threats from your PC.
Quick Removal with Plumbytes Anti-Malware
1. You should download Plumbytes Anti-Malware installer to scan your computer for any malware or adware that might infected your computer. Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a trusted software that can detect and remove most of security threats, including adware, ransomware, PUPs, trojans, worms and rootkits.
2. Double-click the downloaded “antimalwaresetup.exe” installation file to launch it.
3. Click “Install” button to start the installation process. The setup wizard will automatically start to download necessary program files to your computer. Once download completed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will be automatically installed on your computer. The entire installation process takes only 2-3 minutes.
4. Once installed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will automatically update its antivirus signatures database and then start smart system scan to detect all malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
5. You will see the detailed list of security threats and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Remove Selected” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and potentially unwanted applications.
Double-Check Your PC with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware
6. You can double-check your computer with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware in order to remove any leftover malware and adware traces. SpyHunter is considered as one of the best and most effective anti-malware tools today. Click the button below to download SpyHunter installation package.
7. Double-click the downloaded “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to start the installation process.
8. When the installation starts, the Setup Wizard will offer a few options and settings that you may want to configure. We recommend just clicking “Next” button to accept the default application settings. You can check out our detailed SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware Setup & User Guide which can help you to go through the installation process and provide important information about malware scans and program settings.
9. Once the installation completed, SpyHunter 4 will automatically update antivirus database and latest virus definitions. Next, SpyHunter 4 Quick Scan will automatically check your computer for any malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
10. You will see the detailed list of viruses and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Next” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and PUPs.
Alternate Recommended Anti-Malware Tools
The following awesome full-scale anti-malware products also have proved their effectiveness against all types of malware and adware. However, some of these anti-malware programs don’t provide a free trial version, and you’ll have to purchase a license key in order to clean your computer from the detected malware, fake error messages, scam pop-ups and alerts.
Part 2. Remove 877-382-9050 Manually (Removal Guide)
Notice: Manual removal guide is recommended to experienced computer users. Incorrect modifications introduced into the Windows operating system, Windows Registry or browser settings may result in serious system fails or software errors.
We’ve created this step-by-step removal guide to help you manually remove 877-382-9050 and other similar security threats from your computer. Please carefully follow all the steps listed in the instruction below. We’ve attached detailed screenshots and video guides for your convenience. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us via email, create a public forum question or contact us using online contact form. Please add your comments and suggestions to this guide below.