The Internet can provide you with a lot of useful things and information, but it can also be dangerous to the safety of your system. Con artists are never far behind and they’re constantly on the lookout for new methods of making themselves richer. They want to do so at your expense and they want to do this fast, so they develop different types of malware and put them on the Web pages, hoping that you come upon them and let them enter your computer. And this time we’d like to talk about scam alerts – threats that try to deceive you and make you think that there’s something wrong with your PC, when there actually isn’t.
They give you the message about the system being compromised and offer you to call a toll-free number to fix it as fast as possible. Those numbers differ and one of them can be 800-667-6915. You’re told that you’ll get all the help you need once you dial it, but nothing could be further from the truth, as it only leads to you being fleeced and lied to some more. The number isn’t actually free, so no one is going to give you real help – people on the other side of the line are only interested in keeping you talking for as long as possible, as their profits depend on it. That’s why you shouldn’t play their game.
Download a program such as Plumbytes Anti-Malware instead, delete this malware from the computer with it, and keep it away from it after that. You can do this by steering clear of fishy pages, not installing browser extensions and plugins offered by them, downloading files and torrents from reputable sources that have good reputation, and going for a Custom installation when putting new programs on the PC. Doing all that significantly reduces the chances of having it compromised by scam alerts and allows you to spend the time of your day on doing useful things, not solving unnecessary problems.
Common symptoms of 800-667-6915 scam
- You’re getting annoying unwanted pop-up alerts
- Multiple redirects to suspicious third-party websites
- You’re getting other harmful programs
- 800-667-6915 may modify browser security settings
- You’re getting pop-up ads or banner ads
- You’re not able to manually undo changes made by 800-667-6915
- Your browser is slowing down or even crushing
- 800-667-6915 may disable browser updates
- You may discover suspicious browser toolbars, expansions or plug-ins
- Unwanted programs or free games can be installed on your computer without your permission
- Sluggish PC performance, system errors and crushes
- System shut-downs for no apparent reason
Potential sources of 800-667-6915 threat
- “Bundling” to freeware or sharefree software, including video and audio converters, video players and video streaming programs, download helpers etc.
- Malicious browser expansions and toolbars
- Compromised websites which offer different digital downloads or infect victims’ computers with malware and adware
- Fake alerts claiming that you need to update a software, Flash Player, Java, FLV Player or your browser
- Malicious attachments and download links in unknown emails
- Downloads from P2P-networks, torrent-trackers and sharing resources
Remove 800-667-6915 from your PC
You can easily remove 800-667-6915 scam alerts and fake errors from your system using one of the effective anti-malware tools listed below, or you can follow our detailed step-by-step manual removal guide.
Part 1. Remove 800-667-6915″Google Security Warning” Automatically
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can find step-by-step instruction here on our website – “How to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking”.
If you have an antivirus software running on your computer, please check for its updates and scan your system. If the problem still persists, download and install one of the recommended anti-malware tools to automatically remove 800-667-6915 alerts and other malware threats from your PC.
Quick Removal with Plumbytes Anti-Malware
1. You should download Plumbytes Anti-Malware installer to scan your computer for any malware or adware that might infected your computer. Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a trusted software that can detect and remove most of security threats, including adware, ransomware, PUPs, trojans, worms and rootkits.
2. Double-click the downloaded “antimalwaresetup.exe” installation file to launch it.
3. Click “Install” button to start the installation process. The setup wizard will automatically start to download necessary program files to your computer. Once download completed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will be automatically installed on your computer. The entire installation process takes only 2-3 minutes.
4. Once installed, Plumbytes Anti-Malware will automatically update its antivirus signatures database and then start smart system scan to detect all malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
5. You will see the detailed list of security threats and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Remove Selected” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and potentially unwanted applications.
Double-Check Your PC with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware
6. You can double-check your computer with SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware in order to remove any leftover malware and adware traces. SpyHunter is considered as one of the best and most effective anti-malware tools today. Click the button below to download SpyHunter installation package.
7. Double-click the downloaded “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to start the installation process.
8. When the installation starts, the Setup Wizard will offer a few options and settings that you may want to configure. We recommend just clicking “Next” button to accept the default application settings. You can check out our detailed SpyHunter 4 Anti-Malware Setup & User Guide which can help you to go through the installation process and provide important information about malware scans and program settings.
9. Once the installation completed, SpyHunter 4 will automatically update antivirus database and latest virus definitions. Next, SpyHunter 4 Quick Scan will automatically check your computer for any malware, adware, spyware and other security threats.
10. You will see the detailed list of viruses and potentially unwanted applications detected on your PC. Click “Next” button to clear your PC from malicious files, adware and PUPs.
Alternate Recommended Anti-Malware Tools
The following awesome full-scale anti-malware products also have proved their effectiveness against all types of malware and adware. However, some of these anti-malware programs don’t provide a free trial version, and you’ll have to purchase a license key in order to clean your computer from the detected malware, fake error messages, scam pop-ups and alerts.
Part 2. Remove 800-667-6915 Manually (Removal Guide)
Notice: Manual removal guide is recommended to experienced computer users. Incorrect modifications introduced into the Windows operating system, Windows Registry or browser settings may result in serious system fails or software errors.
We’ve created this step-by-step removal guide to help you manually remove 800-667-6915 and other similar security threats from your computer. Please carefully follow all the steps listed in the instruction below. We’ve attached detailed screenshots and video guides for your convenience. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us via email, create a public forum question or contact us using online contact form. Please add your comments and suggestions to this guide below.